1 Day Package Tour
Discover 11 wondrous temples, including Cambodia’s iconic Angkor Wat complex, the largest religious monument in the world. You will complete a 28 km circuit around the Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom complexes. Finish your day with a sumptuous dinner while enjoying a traditional apsara dance performance.
Tour Itinerary Details:
On this one-day tour, you will discover the following temples: Angkor Wat: A 12th century sandstone temple and UNESCO World Heritage site Angkor Thom Complex: the last capital of the Khmer Empire, constructed in the 12th century by Jayavarman VII. The Angkor Thom Complex consists of the following structures:
– Bayon Temple: The complex’s main temple stands in the center of the former capital. This iconic edifice features 216 serene, gently smiling faces.
– Terrace of the Elephants: This platform was constructed for king Jayavarman VII to view public ceremonies and welcome victorious soldiers returning from battle.
– Terrace of the Leper King: This terrace is named for a 15th century statue of the Hindu god Yama discovered on-site. The discolored statue was found covered in moss and was therefore reminiscent of a person with leprosy.
– Phimeanakas: a Hindu temple constructed at the end of the 10th century.
– Thommanun Temple: One of a pair of Hindu temples constructed in the 12th century.
– Chau Say Tevoda: Located just east of the Angkor Thom complex, this 12th century Hindu temple was constructed in the Angkor Wat style.
– Ta Keo Temple: This is likely the first sandstone temple-mountain to be constructed by the Khmers.
– Ta Prohm: This picturesque and popular temple features trees emerging from the temple ruins amongst verdant jungle surroundings.
– Banteay Kdei Temple: This sandstone Buddhist monastic complex was occupied by monks over the centuries until the 1960′s.
– Srah Srang: This baray or reservoir measuring 700m by 350m was dug in the 10th century. – Sunset viewing atop Bakheng Hill – Dinner accompanied by an apsara dance performance by the Khmer Royal Classic Ballet.
– $109 for the first person; $59 for each additional person
This price covers:
– Transport by Tuk tuk (add $10 if a car is needed, if from 3 people free upgrade to car or mini-van)
– English-speaking tour guide ($30 to be returned if a tour guide is not required)
– Temple entrance tickets
– Buffet Dinner With Apsara performance dancing Show